Brazil Nuts Pesto
Duration: 10 minutes
Type: Quick meal
Supersimple, super tasty
The classic pasta companion is originally prepared with pine nuts. In this recipe, however, we bring the basil together with the Brazil nut and believe that this liaison not only looks good, but also tastes supperb.
- Mix basil and Brazil nuts flour with garlic and lemon peel to a uniform paste – this can be done in a mixer or mortar.
- Gradually stir in the olive oil.
- Now add the finely grated Parmesan cheese.
- Finally season to taste with salt and pepper.
This also works vegan – with Brazil nut Parmesan! Mix 1 cup Brazil nuts with ¼ cup yeast flakes and ½ teaspoon garlic salt until the mixture starts to become lumpy.
Further variations can be explored by using different leaf herbs, for example parsley, coriander, ribwort or dandelion.
The pesto can be kept in the refrigerator for about 1 week.
Ingredients for 4 portions:
- 1 cup fresh basil leaves
- 1/4 cup Brazil Nut Flour
- 1 large clove of garlic
- Lemon zest of half an organic lemon
- 5 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons Parmesan cheese
- Salt and finely ground pepper
Nutritional value per serving:
- 75 kcal
- 7,2 g fat
- 1,2 g carbohydrates
- 1,7 g protein
- 0,9 g dietary fibre